Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Time of Thanks

Thanksgiving time!!
What a wonderful time of year, yummy food, great company, and time to reflect!
We decided this year to start taking turns with family for the holidays, since both of our families have traditions and both live here in Boise.  So this year we went to my grandmas Nettie's for the family feast! There were a total of 40 ppl including kids. my mother decided that we needed to have real mashed potatoes and not the pellets mixed with water kind and volunteered me to make them! :) it actually was pretty fun and a good experience for me! i ended up having a whole bag of red potatoes and then 12 very large brown potatoes! and i must also add i made them all by myself no thanks to Dane (playing football with his brothers) or Kourtnee who slept over to supposedly "help", and they were pretty dang Delicious i might add. anyways i was really proud of my self. Dinner was great and so fun to be with all my extended family! we even gathered around at the end to play a game kinda like sharades! it was memories ill never forget!


 mind you this a VERY large bowl
 here we are getting ready to leave for dinner

BABY update! here i am about 27 weeks
 Things have been going great compared to how things started out! i had to buy my first pair of maternity pants, stretchy jeans!! so wonderful, i can breath when i sit down! ha ha the heart burn has come on but thanks to friends who have gone through it before have helped me find things to settle it a bit! but honestly i thought i had heartburn before, but that was a joke compared to how bad it has become! i know now, but for awhile i would get it so bad while trying to sleep that i started vomiting through the nights, which was not very fun at all! but now i know what food to avoid and how important it is to eat dinner at a normal time and not wait for dane to get home around 9. So far i haven't felt swollen either. I have more energy and as long as i make sure to eat im a happy girl!
Dane is still doing basketball and his team is doing really great so far! He is finishing up his last semester of classes and is a little stressed with finals coming his way but i keep reminding him that he is almost done and that seems to help get him through this crazy time!

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey, you look stunning :) You make a beautiful pregnant woman!! I cannot believe I haven't seen you in so long, it saddens me, but nonetheless I love you and you look so happy and I am happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete