Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Ending 2011

I cant believe Christmas and New Years has come and gone! We were soooo busy during December! it was great to be busy trying to fit everything in, but I'm completely exhausted!  I'm bummed that i didn't take more pictures, but I'll do my best to explain all our little adventures as of late. 
To start off the holiday traditions we went black Friday shopping! Dane came with me to other mothers and we got all these clothes for FREE!! it was so great! Unfortunately we didn't end up going with all Danes sisters but maybe next year

Dane finished the semester with pretty great grades and we are SO glad that its over! The month was filled with basketball practice everyday and 2-3 games a week! so far they have 9wins and 2 losses, but now they start replaying teams so I'm sure they will do great!
i have also learned to crochet and further my skills this year and here is 2 hats i made and was pretty proud of myself to learn to read patterns, which i think is pretty hard because every pattern has a different little lingo
here's my little sisters Aubrey and Olivia with them on :)


We enjoyed many holiday party's this time of year, we did the annual Pence Game night at our house and it was a blast!! Then we had the Ada West Dermatology party and went bowling. We all got put into teams and had to dress up, it was fun to see every ones creativity.  We enjoyed making ornaments with our friends the Doss's and Botkin's. also went to the Rejuv Med Spa party that was fun, funny story they had jars with different candy in them and you had to guess how many, so i told Dane to go put a number down for me and when they revealed the winners someone else won the first one and i lean over to Dane and tell him "way to go, your not very good at this game" (which is not nice, and we did the same thing previously at adawest and he got them all wrong) then who wins the next 2 jars....I did!!! thanks to Dane! ha ha
This year unfortunately we haven't gotten any snow :( so didn't get to do any sledding and Dane hasn't gotten to go skiing, which Bogus still hasn't opened.
Dane went to Vegas for the BSU bowl game! He drove a long ways but said he had a blast! He got to go to the game, eat lots of great food and even won a little money!
We also made gingerbread houses with Cindy and her date, it was really fun. this was our first gingerbread house making experience and i think we did pretty good!
Well on to Christmas Eve,
We headed over to the Pence's to say hello then went over to Grandma Nettie's for some dinner and all the kids then proceeded to act out the nativity which has been a tradition since i was a little girl. After that with all the kids so excited for gifts, my grandparents talked about hero's and gave all the grandchildren a poster of different scripture hero's with a personal letter from the them.  it was really neat and i thought it was a great idea! they gave us a really neat picture of Christ! we then headed over to my parents for the opening of letters.  it was really neat to hear every one's letters to each other.  My parents then gave us our favorite picture of Jesus all nicely framed and such. Then of course the cookies and milk still get set out for Santa and Dane and the boys rush downstairs to start playing video games. When it was time to go up to see what Santa brought, Dane made all the kids stand in a line and wait with anticipation for the parents to get up, it was pretty cute! We opened gifts and then had the famous traditional Cinnamon rolls!! yum!!!
also the best gift of the morning was kourtnee and Aubrey got my mom a little puppy! ha ha she screamed and it was sooo funny!! here is little angel cutest thing ever!

We then headed to church and came back and relaxed! Dane and i headed over to the pence's to open gifts. we then went to his grandparents for dinner, it was so chaotic but so fun! then we got to talk to Austin on his mission! it was so neat to hear his voice and ask him questions. it was really hard for me to say goodbye again but I'm so proud of him and all his hard work, but miss him like crazy!
here's Dane and I with little puppy and also 29 weeks prego
we had a great Christmas! Dane and i  bought a bed with a nice memory foam for the top and so we decided to just make each other gifts. i of course made him a pretty sweet crocheted ear flap hat, and he surprised me and got a cool rocking chair at di and is going to re stain it for me! i was really surprised!
New Years
This New Years i still didn't make it to midnight. We headed up to McCall Idaho for a little get away. we didn't do much other then sleep, watch movies, eat and went to the hot springs! it was alot of fun and very much needed get away with the husband.

Baby update
Wow i have officially hit 30 WEEKS!!! this is big for me, more mentally i think. but we are so excited to finally be able to start counting down and start really getting ready for this little miss to join our family! We cant be more thrilled! It is a little scary thinking about all we need to get and the little money we have to afford everything, but we definitely have lots of love to give her! I'm excited to start my little sewing projects if i ever find the time to get them done! We have been working like crazy people. Dane starts student teaching first half of this semester at Capital High School. Our Birthing class started last Tuesday and goes for the next 6 weeks. even though we have only been to one class it was AMAZING!!! so much information, and we are so glad to hopefully calm our fears and get a great experience from the birth with the knowledge she provides.  The heartburn hasn't been as frequent and comes and goes which is nice. Last Saturday i experienced for the first time swollen ankles!!! AHHHH i had been working on my feet all week and I'm scared that its only going to get worse. also for the first time i have noticed that my body cant keep going like its been able to, working 2 jobs so i have to keep telling myself that i can do it! We had our last apt the end of December and they took my blood to test my iron and such, well they called and told me that my iron is low and i need to eat more protein! this has been hard for me to eat more protein when I'm limited to so many foods as it is. but I'm determined to stay positive and hopeful that I'm eating enough.  it has been so fun to feel little baby moving around, she will have days where she doesn't move a ton and days where she wont stop moving.  the neatest thing is whenever I'm at any of Dane's basketball games she doesn't stop moving, and i know she is cheering her dad on (hopefully cuz Dane tells her she doesn't have a choice not to like sports ha ha) Dane gets to feel all her movements and the best is at night in bed when we just watch my belly just go up and down and we try and guess/imagine what she's like in there. its pretty cute too, to watch Dane whisper things to her and talk to her about what life is going to be like. He is going to be a great dad and i cant wait to experience all this with him. I have had the opportunity to be apart of quit a few births including siblings and cousins and for Dane this is all foreign, and to see the look on his face at our class when were watching birth videos is pretty priceless! but I'm glad that he is willing to learn all this with me!
we are so excited for all that is to come and cant wait to see how it all unfolds! but we are so grateful for all we have and are excited to make new goals for this year. its amazing the power of writing down goals. We looked back at all our goals from last year and we hit all but one, which was to finish the Book of Mormon but 2012 here we come! We cant wait to see what the year brings!

3 comments:

  1. aww fun fun update!! :)
    Kels... i realized yesterday... you are only 2 months away!!!! holy smokes :) so excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels!!! You are like the cutest pregnant girl ever! I miss you! I'm so impressed by your crochet skills too. way to go.

    ReplyDelete